We help disability claimants receive the long-term disability (LTD) insurance benefits they are entitled to receive. If you have exhausted your administrative appeals with the insurance company, we may be able to file a lawsuit against the insurance company.
What Will a Long-Term Disability Attorney Do for You?
Mr. Ortiz and his staff offer detailed advice to clients throughout the appeals process. Here are the most important things he will do in your case:
- Prepare the lawsuit.
- Conduct additional discovery against the insurance company.
- Court appearances for status conferences with the judge handling the case and to set a trial date.
- Settlement negotiation during the lawsuit or mediation.
- Prepare for mediation.
- Trial preparation.
- Prepare the exhibits, including medical records and physician opinions, for trial.
- Prepare and organize demonstrative exhibits for trial.
- Prepare briefs and pretrial motions to file with the court to eliminate surprises at trial.
- Take the case to trial, which is usually a bench trial with the judge and not a jury trial.
- Review and analyze the verdict to determine if either side has grounds to appeal the verdict.
- Recommend to the client whether or not to appeal the case.
Don’t Let an Insurance Company Deny You the Security and Success You Deserve
Our job is to make the insurance company pay the benefits you are owed and maximize your recovery under your LTD policy. We never charge any attorney fees or costs unless we recover benefits for you. Florida disability attorney Nick A. Ortiz has litigated numerous ERISA long-term disability denials and is available for free consultations to discuss your options if your LTD claim has been wrongfully denied or terminated. Call our office today at (888) 321-8131.