If you avoid following your doctor’s treatment plan as prescribed (like refusing to have surgery), the insurance company may claim that you are refusing to do what you need to do to get better so you can work and deny your claim for that.
However, you should not be denied for failure to comply for the following reasonably compelling reasons:
- You cannot afford the treatment;
- The side effects of the medications are making your symptoms worse;
- The medications from different doctors are causing side effects to be worse;
- The prescribed medicine is against your religion;
- Your doctor says no treatment options will work for your disability;
- The treatment plan involves very addictive substances;
- The treatment plan involves amputation; or
- The treatment plan includes an experimental treatment not proven to work.
Although based in Florida, the Ortiz Law Firm represents claimants across the United States. If your LTD claim has been wrongfully denied, delayed or terminated and you’d like to speak to an experienced Long Term Disability Insurance Attorney contact us at (888) 321-8131 to schedule a consultation. We can help you evaluate your claim to determine if you will be able to access Long Term Disability Benefits and how to move forward with the process.