The Great-West Life Assurance Company has 65 years of experience in the disability insurance market. Great-West sells both personal disability products to individuals and group plans.
Great-West offers several disability insurance plans for individuals, whether you are a professional, business owner or employee. Each of these plans includes standard features and optional benefits.
- Disability Insurance for Professionals, Business Owners and Employees – Professional: Great-West’s Professional product is a high-end disability policy for professionals, business owners and employees looking for flexibility and a wide range of optional benefits. The basic Professional plan includes valuable built-in features and optional benefit riders.
- Disability Insurance for Business Owners – BOSSPlus: Great-West designed BOSSplus exclusively for business owners who are concerned with their cash flow if they become disabled. The basic BOSSPlus plan includes valuable built-in features and optional benefit riders.
- Disability Insurance for Employees – Protector: Protector is a disability insurance policy for employees who are looking for flexibility in the design of their individual disability insurance plan—from basic coverage to comprehensive protection. The basic Protector plan also includes valuable built-in features and optional benefit riders.
- Low-Cost Disability Insurance – Competitor: Great-West’s Competitor plan offers low-cost disability coverage geared to people whose occupations or current work situations make it challenging to obtain coverage, such as part-time or seasonal workers, owners of home-based businesses and new business owners.
The basic Competitor plan includes valuable built-in features and optional benefit riders.
Group Standard Disability Insurance Plans
Great-West also offers group long term disability plans to provide a source of income for group plan members on disability. These group LTD benefits replace a percentage of the plan member’s earnings in the event the participant is no longer able to work due to a sickness or injury. The group plans include an integrated claims management process.
Legal Help in Getting Your Great-West Disability Claim Approved
When appealing a Great-West claim for long term disability benefits that was been wrongfully denied or terminated, it can be helpful to have the assistance of an experienced lawyer. We work closely with our clients throughout each stage in the LTD claims process, including:
- Gathering all medical records and other documents to support the claim;
- Obtaining opinion evidence from doctors and perhaps vocational experts;
- Organizing your financial records;
- Reviewing and answering all questions on the disability claim application; and/or
- Filing your claim and/or appeal in the manner that maximizes its chance of approval.
Unfortunately, even the most severe disabilities and the best-prepared claims may be denied by Great-West. In the event that you receive notice of a denied claim in a denial letter, you should be aware that you have the right to file an appeal. In the event that you have exhausted your appeals, you may have the right to file a lawsuit in the appropriate state or federal court (individual and government employee disability claims are governed by state law; most group disability claims are governed by the ERISA act). Nick A. Ortiz is a long term disability attorney and can help you obtain the benefits you deserve. Our disability law firm offers detailed advice on the many issues related to the claims and appeals process, including:
- Helping you understand the reasons for your denial;
- Acquiring additional evidence, including medical records and other documents in support of the appeal;
- Completing the appeals paperwork;
- Filing your appeal within the time limits allowed;
- When necessary, filing a breach of contract claim in state court or an ERISA lawsuit in Federal Court; and/or
- Litigating your individual disability claim in state court or briefing your case for consideration by a federal judge during the ERISA lawsuit.
You don’t have to face your battle against Great-West alone. The Ortiz Law Firm is here to help in the appeal process.
Contact our office today at 850-308-7833 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with an experienced Great-West disability claims lawyer.