Berkshire Life Insurance Company Disability Income Protection
Disability insurance is intended to replace a percentage of your earned income when you are sick or injured and unable to work. Some people refer to disability insurance as “paycheck protection”. Having sufficient short-term and/or long term disability insurance can help provide a sense of security such that if you were to suffer serious injuries or a serious illness, you would still receive a regular income if you could no longer perform the duties of your job.
A typical Berkshire Life policy may define “disability” as the inability to perform the substantial and material duties of one’s regular occupation. (You should look to the terms of your Berkshire Life disability policy to see how the term “disability” is defined specifically for you).
Berkshire Life Denial of Long Term Disability Claims
Unfortunately, Berkshire Life does not always properly approve disability claims. Berkshire Life has been known to deny the disability claims of professionals and business executives, including doctors, dentists, and lawyers.
Ortiz Law Firm Provides Aggressive Representation to Long Term Disability Claimants
If Berkshire has sent you a denial letter or cut-off letter terminating your LTD benefits, you should understand your legal rights. You should consult with an experienced long term disability attorney to explore your legal options. An attorney can help you determine whether an appeal is appropriate in your individual disability claim. If an appeal is appropriate, an experienced disability lawyer will help you shape the medical evidence in your claim to maximize the chance of winning the appeal.
Mr. Ortiz is an experienced disability attorney. He has handled dozens of LTD claims against insurance companies like Berkshire Life. His past clients include professionals like doctors and business executives like a high-level insurance salesman.
The Ortiz Law Firm can help you:
- Appeal the denial of an individual disability insurance claim;
- Appeal the denial of a group long term disability insurance claim governed by ERISA;
- Appeal an individual disability insurance claim cessation or termination of benefits;
- Appeal a group long term disability insurance claim cessation or termination of benefits;
- File a lawsuit in state court for the wrongful denial of an individual disability insurance claim;
- File a lawsuit in federal court for the wrongful cessation or termination of benefits of an ERSA-governed group policy.
For more information about how to appeal or obtain benefits under your disability insurance claim, contact the Ortiz Law Firm today at (888) 321-8131.