Assurity Life Insurance Company is the result of the merger of three longtime Lincoln, Nebraska-based insurers—Assurity Life, Security Financial Life and Lincoln Direct Life—in 2007. Each of the original companies began serving customers in Eastern Nebraska communities in the late 1800s before establishing their permanent headquarters in Lincoln. Assurity Life today is a diversified financial services organization, licensed in 49 states and the District of Columbia.
Assurity Disability Insurance
Assurity Life Insurance Company offers both individual and group long term disability plans. The Individual Disability Income Insurance Solutions include the following products or insurance plans:
- Simplified Disability Income Insurance
- Individual Disability Income Insurance
- Graded Benefit Disability Income Insurance
- Business Overhead Expense Disability Income Insurance
Assurity offers the following “Worksite Solutions” products available through employers:
- Disability Income+ Insurance
- Disability Income PRO Insurance
Unfortunately, Assurity does not always approve long term disability claims when it should. In fact, Assurity denies some claims from the initial application. In other instances, Assurity may begin making payments, but cut-off benefits at a later time using various excuses.
Appeal of Assurity Insurance Company Denial Letter
If you have an individual policy or are a government employee and your long term disability claim has been denied or cut-off, you may not have to file an administrative appeal with the insurance company to enforce your rights. You should consult with an experienced disability attorney to determine your legal rights.
If you have a group plan Assurity disability policy, your policy is likely governed by ERISA. ERISA does have strict appeal procedures and deadlines. ERISA requires an internal or administrative appeal if your benefits are terminated or denied. The time limit to file an appeal is very limited, usually only 180 days. Under some policies, you may have a second, voluntary appeal.
Assurity Life Long Term Disability Attorney
Disability attorney Nick A. Ortiz offers the following legal services for disability claimants that have a long term disability insurance policy or individual disability income policy purchased from Assurity Life Insurance Company:
- Appeal of an Assurity denial of individual or government long term disability insurance benefits;
- ERISA appeal of an Assurity Life Insurance denial of group LTD insurance benefits;
- Appeal of an Assurity wrongful termination of individual or government long term disability insurance benefits;
- ERISA appeal of an Assurity Life Insurance wrongful termination of group LTD insurance benefits;
- Lawsuit against Assurity Life Insurance after final denial of individual or government long term disability insurance benefits;
- ERISA Lawsuit against Assurity after final denial of group long term disability benefits; and
- Lump-sum buyout or settlement of an Assurity Life Insurance long term disability insurance policy.
Contact an experienced Assurity disability attorney at the Ortiz Law Firm at (888) 321-8131 for a free case evaluation.